And now the daily word from Governor Lulu:
All right. It’s the time we get together every single day. So let’s start the way that we always start by knowing and saying that we will get through this; we will get through this together.
So say it with me: we will get through this. We will get through this together.
And one last time: we will get through this. We will get through this together.
But first let’s learn a little bit of cat language today, making sure that everybody is included. My cat interpreter Neville will be helping us along as usual. Let’s give everybody the opportunity to do what we all need to be doing, thanking so many people, so today’s lesson is going to be: thank you. I see, it is a cold, dark stare. Try it, everyone. Thank you in cat language. [Stares coldly]. Let’s move on.
The way we’re going to be victorious is through the 10 steps that we talk about each and every day.
1. Stay Healthy at Home: that’s where your pets are.
2. Avoid Crowds and Gatherings: your pets are company enough.
3. Practice Safe Social Distancing: hire a farm animal to come to your next virtual meeting.
4. Know When Enough is Enough: too much bad news can cause stress. Also, when Netflix asks if you’re still watching three times in a row, it’s time to take a walk.
5. Check the internet for updated pet treat recipes.
6. Wash Hands and Surfaces – while you’re at it, throw your pet into the tub. (The more a cat protests, the more they love it)
7. Apply for adoptions: there are many pets awaiting adoption. Who couldn’t use one (or a dozen) more?
8. Prioritize Mental Health: pets can help combat anxiety and depression.
9. Do Not Travel: Invite your pet into your lap and Wonder from Home
10. Report extreme cuteness to our Instagram page.
We always talk about the 10 steps plus one. It’s also your duty to fill out the census. Some of you have been putting it off, and we can’t be doing that.
All right. Again, it’s a tough time. It’s a time where we have a lot of anxiety, but it’s also a time where we are lucky enough to spend more time with our pets than we ever thought was imaginable. Try to find the positives in each and every moment.